On Friday, Averi danced @ Roy High School & competed in the 3-5 year old Solo division. This has been one of the larger competitions we have done so far because of the number of girls competing. She did Wonderful! I think I was more nervous than she was! She tugged on my sleeve and said "Mom I need to say a little prayer". We found a quiet corner and she asked Heavenly Father to "help her remember her dance, not to be scared and to have FUN! She also asked that her Daddy could be safe driving home". It was so sweet. She then sat, waved at everyone who came to watch her and waited her turn.... When her number was up, she smiled, walked onto the floor and did her thing. Like I said, I was more nervous than she was!!! She amazes me... She has came A LONG WAY since our first competition back in March. I think she has gotten better and better each time, but I AM HER MOMMY! When they called her name for her award, she was SO PROUD, she strutted up to the front, received her trophy, sash and crown and SMILED at everyone!!! When she came to sit by everyone, she kept saying "I won Queen, I won Queen". I love seeing the excitement and sense of accomplishment come over her... Both Garret and I were so proud of her. She's a SWEETIE!
MY LOVE, MY JOY, MY EVERYTHING
A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, and always with the same person." - Mignon McLaughlin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment