Averi had her last competition of the season yesterday. Garrett took the day off and joined Averi and I at her competition in Prove. She did really well. I was trying to get her to practice instead of watching all the other girls when she looked at me and said " it's OK mama, I've got it". What do you say to that? I now KNOW without a doubt, I get MORE nervous than she does.... She won Queen in her age division and surprisingly, the High Point Winner in the Novice Category. WE WERE SHOCKED!!! I had just turned to Garrett to say "lets go" when they announced her name. Averi said "what did I do to get this trophy?" It was very funny! We tried to explain it to her, but I don't think she really understood. It was a very nice day. We grabbed some dinner and visited with some family members we don't see all that often. It was so nice to spend time with each other, especially since Garrett has been SO BUSY with baseball and the AP History Test this week. This week is the region playoffs and next week is the state tournament. They only have to win one game on either Tuesday or Wednesday to guarantee them a game the following week.
GO GRANGER!
Garrett was also selected to be the ALL STAR coach in his region for the 2009 All Star Team. I am so proud of him. I DO NOT KNOW HOW HE GETS UP SO EARLY EVERY DAY AND GETS HOME SO LATE AND CAN STILL HAVE A SMILE ON HIS FACE! He amazes me!



1 comments:
way to go Averi---she has done so well at her dance this year....you must be a happy mama!!
Post a Comment